02 January 2011

Frozen Seas and New Year 2011

New Year Fireworks 2011
Greetings! My very best wishes to one and all for a happy 2011 with all the success and achievements you may wish for yourselves. Here's one of the photos I took of Göteborgs-Posten's New Year firework display. I share more on my homepage at http://www.thesupercargo.com/2010/12/31/happy-new-year-2011/

Yesterday’s paper reported what the radio news had said the night before, that the sea was frozen right across the Kattegat. Thin ice to be sure. You couldn’t walk across and a passing ship or even the wind could beak it up. Still, the sea was frozen, frozen all the way to Denmark.

In the evening, a wind from the south got up and blew increasingly hard and all night. The temperature, which had been going up anyway during the day, continued to rise through the night, something it hasn’t done for weeks now.

Last time I looked, the thermometer stood at +4º C, and now the sun is up. I wonder if the seas are still frozen across to Denmark?

Here below is a photo of the frozen sea off the west coast of Hisingen, taken with the camera in my mobile phone on 26th December. More on my homepage here: http://www.thesupercargo.com/2010/12/26/walking-on-water/

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home